The Printed Fox: What is BlogEngage and Why Should You Join?

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

What is BlogEngage and Why Should You Join?

I was a freelance writer a few years ago, and believe it or not, this romance writer was writing articles and was a pretty active commenter for SEO and business blogs. And I loved it! I made quite a few respectable connections with great people, and I was enjoying what I did.

Life, of course, happened.The baby got bigger and started crawling --and then walking-- and getting into everything. College courses got more intense. I moved from the Pacific Northwest to the Midwest. I got published.

Focus...shifted. It happens.

Do eet!
But BlogEngage was always a huge buzz when I was freelancing, and I was always wanting to get into that community! Now here I am, with a different blog but every bit as large a purpose. My books are sitting on my publisher's store shelves and at Amazon (a fact I'm quite proud of). I'm thinking of resurrecting my presence on some of those blogs I used to frequent, mainly because I miss the people. They were great people.

A lot of them are using BlogEngage, as well, and who wouldn't? It's a powerhouse for bloggers. If you're serious about your blogging, serious about building your traffic, increasing your exposure and backlinks (search rankings!), BlogEngage is where it's at.

The point is to jump in and engage. That's the magic word: engage. There are groups to join, and categories for your articles (blog posts) to best fit your focus and help you find others who are interested in the same subjects. Also, it helps others find you. Now that you know about it, you'd be crazy not to join.

It's more than worth it.

Articles you submit are sent to the "upcoming" page where users read and then vote on submissions. Those that get enough votes are published and posted on the BlogEngage home page. This encourages genuine, quality material. It also helps you to improve your writing skills, as well as your skills for evaluating writing, and building blog posts that will actually generate traffic.

There are thousands of members, and there is an endless trove of awesome material just waiting for you to dig right in. I finally decided to take the plunge, now that I'm back with a serious blog and a mission.

Join me, won't you? You'll be glad you did!

Memberships, RSS, Blog Engage, Build Backlinks, Increase SERP and SEO

Side note: We have a lot of fun discussions on my Facebook fan page. I also sometimes use it to crowdsource future posts. So if you want to keep in the loop, or even be mentioned on TPF, make sure to give my Facebook fan page a like and follow my updates!